Saturday, October 27, 2018

How To Update Onetime Brass Fixtures

Have y'all e'er institute something actually cool at a thrift shop too y'all choose it domicile too that one footling thing ignites a spark that makes y'all alter a bazillion other footling things inwards your house?

Well, that happens to me on a weekly basis. For my ain mental sanity, I should actually only remain out of thrift stores, but dangit they line me inwards similar a gnat to a porch light.
This past times weekend, I came across a brassy footling lantern chandelier at the thrift store. I had been looking for something similar this for awhile, then when I saw a $5 cost tag on the lantern, I mean value I yelped outloud. Seriously, this matter should receive got been to a greater extent than than $5.
High-five to the awesome soul who donated this to the thrift store.

Have y'all e'er institute something actually cool at a thrift shop too y'all choose it domicile too that How To Update Old Brass Fixtures



When I saw this thing, I knew straight off where it would go. 

Have y'all e'er institute something actually cool at a thrift shop too y'all choose it domicile too that How To Update Old Brass Fixtures

The higher upward moving painting is from the first set of renovations I did to our primary bedroom. I institute that giant chandelier (also originally brass) too decided that it was ameliorate than the nighttime brownish ceiling fan that was at that topographic point before. 
You receive got to become meet the before pic of this room alongside the nighttime forest paneling too one-time ceiling fan. 

After a spell of living alongside the giant chandelier, it began to actually annoy me. It was only likewise large.

The footling brass lantern seemed similar a much ameliorate fit.

So, I decided to spray pigment the footling brass lantern, too.
Here's what I ended upward with. 

Have y'all e'er institute something actually cool at a thrift shop too y'all choose it domicile too that How To Update Old Brass Fixtures

I actually dear the agency it turned out, too the size fits the room much better.

Have y'all e'er institute something actually cool at a thrift shop too y'all choose it domicile too that How To Update Old Brass Fixtures


To update the chandelier from brass to brushed silver,  I used 1 of my favorite argent spray paints, Rustoleum kitchen and on my bath faucet. I similar it because it creates a brushed nickel goal rather than a chrome argent finish. So, it's perfect for all sorts of domicile decor stuff, specially fixtures.


Have y'all e'er institute something actually cool at a thrift shop too y'all choose it domicile too that How To Update Old Brass Fixtures



Once I had my chandelier hung, it got me on a redo-tons-of-other-stuff-binge. So, I completely redid my vanity area. If y'all read my weblog a lot, y'all powerfulness notice what I did. 


 I spray painted the vanity mirror silver, too. And I also painted the tabular array satin black, and completely reupholstered the chair.
See how this matter looked the twenty-four hr menses I brought it domicile from the thrift shop here.


I dear the agency it looks inwards the evenings, alongside the footling light on. Here's what it looks similar during the twenty-four hr menses now.



I similar the novel vanity colors much better. They complement the light-green carpeting too embroidered pillows now. 




And that's non all. While I had my spray pigment out, I spray painted around other thrift shop find. I institute a footling golden  mirrored vanity tray at the thrift shop for $2. I see it would survive perfect to concur around of my jewelry. 

Have y'all e'er institute something actually cool at a thrift shop too y'all choose it domicile too that How To Update Old Brass Fixtures




Have y'all e'er institute something actually cool at a thrift shop too y'all choose it domicile too that How To Update Old Brass Fixtures


Most of this junk is from Target too thrift stores. And Forever 21...or Forever 29, every bit I similar to telephone telephone it.


And 1 concluding thing, I decided to sell my one-time vanity stool that sat nether my antique flip-down desk. It was likewise small. So, I pulled an one-time pianoforte bench out of a storage cupboard too painted it black. It's non a permanent solution, every bit I actually receive got no see what to exercise alongside this room long-term. But, it's okay for now.




Check out how I afterwards upholstered this stool alongside stripes here.

And those are all of the sleeping room updates for today!
Thanks then much for stopping by! 
*To meet a consummate history of the development of this room from the twenty-four hr menses nosotros moved inwards to months after this post was written, become here.




Have y'all e'er institute something actually cool at a thrift shop too y'all choose it domicile too that How To Update Old Brass Fixtures



Follow my weblog with
Have y'all e'er institute something actually cool at a thrift shop too y'all choose it domicile too that How To Update Old Brass Fixtures
Follow my weblog onHave y'all e'er institute something actually cool at a thrift shop too y'all choose it domicile too that How To Update Old Brass Fixtures or

or

Subscribe to alongside email!
Enter your e-mail address:


Have y'all e'er institute something actually cool at a thrift shop too y'all choose it domicile too that How To Update Old Brass Fixtures Have y'all e'er institute something actually cool at a thrift shop too y'all choose it domicile too that How To Update Old Brass Fixtures Have y'all e'er institute something actually cool at a thrift shop too y'all choose it domicile too that How To Update Old Brass Fixtures Have y'all e'er institute something actually cool at a thrift shop too y'all choose it domicile too that How To Update Old Brass Fixtures Have y'all e'er institute something actually cool at a thrift shop too y'all choose it domicile too that How To Update Old Brass Fixtures Have y'all e'er institute something actually cool at a thrift shop too y'all choose it domicile too that How To Update Old Brass Fixtures Have y'all e'er institute something actually cool at a thrift shop too y'all choose it domicile too that How To Update Old Brass Fixtures Have y'all e'er institute something actually cool at a thrift shop too y'all choose it domicile too that How To Update Old Brass Fixtures

-->

0 comments

Post a Comment