Saturday, January 19, 2019

The Painted Dining Room Tabular Array Debacle

I direct keep a piffling story for y'all today. It's a story that began inwards Feb presently afterward I began this blog. It's a story of our dining room table, in addition to a piffling chip more.

It's a story well-nigh making the best of what y'all have, fifty-fifty when what y'all direct keep is a really crappy table.


Let's start at the beginning. When nosotros foremost bought our solid 2 years ago, nosotros had a rattling modest budget to provide it. The budget was thus modest that afterward purchasing 2 couches, the budget turned nonexistent.


We had never had a dining room earlier (having previously rented a teeny condo), in addition to although our novel 1 was well-nigh the size of a modest sandbox, I nevertheless wanted to decorate it. I turned to Craigslist to larn a dining room table. I flora an entire set upwardly for $600. It looked similar this:


I loved it at first, but I chop-chop grew to loathe it.
Some people direct keep truly pinned this motion-picture present when I used it inwards previous posts, but every fourth dimension it's pinned, I cringe. I assure y'all that the motion-picture present does it WAY to a greater extent than jurist than it deserves. It was truly ugly inwards person. 
 The veneer began to tegument off of the top, it scratched easily, it was HUGE, in addition to having to brand our guests inch exactly about this gigantic tabular array exactly didn't work.

So, afterward well-nigh a twelvemonth of giving it muddy looks every day, I resold it on Craigslist. 
I've flora that when y'all purchase materials secondhand, y'all never experience guilty or bad when y'all realize the purchase was a mistake. You exactly resell it in addition to movement on.

My conception at this betoken was to honor a smaller circular tabular array somewhere locally in addition to thus honor chairs I loved online.
That conception didn't operate out thus well.

I flora this for $30.  This is the motion-picture present that was on Craigslist. That is NOT my garage. 
My garage is much grosser. 


From the motion-picture present it looks all glossy in addition to inwards nifty condition. I knew I would live on paradigm it anyways, thus for $30, it passed the test.

Well, when Jesse brought it home, I well-nigh fainted. It was the most banged up, beaten upwardly slice of woods I had e'er seen. But, again, since it was $30, I figured I'd give it a go.

Here's the tabular array top afterward I spent HOURS patching it:




My foremost conception was to stain it alongside a gray woods stain, but the veneer was thus damaged I had to pigment it instead. So, I painted it a beige-gray. I left it this means for 4 months.

Be form to me....I never planned on showing y'all these pics, fearing that my table-adventure was a flop.



During these 4 months of my beige table, nosotros never had chairs. It was only a fourth dimension where nosotros had other priorities than assembling our dining room. 
The cats were the alone ones who seemed to similar it. They perched on it all twenty-four hours in addition to looked out the drinking glass doors.


So, since thus I've decided exactly to sell it. It's exactly non the correct table. But, earlier I sell it, I needed to figure out what color would await ameliorate inwards this space: a rustic, raw woods tabular array or a dark table. I'm nevertheless thus torn, every bit both would likely operate well. So, I decided to pigment the $30 tabular array dark thus that I could stare at it for awhile in addition to retrieve how a dark tabular array looks inwards our house.



So, I spent a few evenings sitting on the flooring of my bedchamber paradigm the tabular array black. You likely intend I'm crazy, (and I suppose I am) but I similar to pigment slice of furniture correct hither spell I scout TV. This pic was taken spell it was drying...there were well-nigh 4 to a greater extent than dropcloths set downwardly spell I was truly painting.

I truly debated on whether or non I fifty-fifty wanted to percentage this project, because my dining room is nevertheless SO unfinished. 

I brought inwards the portion desk chair for the pictures, exactly thus that it didn't await thus empty. Here's the 'finished' table.






So, that's my dining room situation. I exactly idea I would percentage because I'm certain a few of y'all tin give the axe relate. :)



Follow my weblog with
s a story that began inwards Feb presently afterward I began this weblog The Painted Dining Room Table Debacle
Follow my weblog ons a story that began inwards Feb presently afterward I began this weblog The Painted Dining Room Table Debacle or

or

Subscribe to alongside email!
Enter your e-mail address:


s a story that began inwards Feb presently afterward I began this weblog The Painted Dining Room Table Debacle s a story that began inwards Feb presently afterward I began this weblog The Painted Dining Room Table Debacle s a story that began inwards Feb presently afterward I began this weblog The Painted Dining Room Table Debacle s a story that began inwards Feb presently afterward I began this weblog The Painted Dining Room Table Debacle s a story that began inwards Feb presently afterward I began this weblog The Painted Dining Room Table Debacle s a story that began inwards Feb presently afterward I began this weblog The Painted Dining Room Table Debacle s a story that began inwards Feb presently afterward I began this weblog The Painted Dining Room Table Debacle s a story that began inwards Feb presently afterward I began this weblog The Painted Dining Room Table Debacle

-->

0 comments

Post a Comment